Novels


012: Super-Heroics

[Introduction: Peter Petrelli can mimic the abilities of those around him. He can fly like his brother, regenerate like the cheerleader...he is potentially the most powerful of them all. Though he has saved the cheerleader, Peter is horrified when he sees a vision where he destroys New York City. If this is true, who will save the world from Peter Petrelli?]

(New York City - hospital room)

Peter Narrating: I'm suppose to be the hero. I shouldn't be here right now. Lying here in a coma. Defeated. I dreamt I was the bomb. But that's not me. (Envisions himself as a caped red-white-and blue superhero) Here. This. This is me. (Flying over the city he sees someone flying below) That's the Rocket. He used his jetpack suit to rob a bank and frame me for it. But I'm not the bad guy. I'm the hero. (mid-air tackle and melee) And I always stop the bad guy. The Rocket, he's got a special suit. It makes him practically invulnerable. But I've got something too. I can fly. I don't need a jetpack. (turns upward) If I can get him high enough, His Jetpack will fail. (it does and Rocketman begins to plummet earthward) Then all I need is to hit his suit hard enough against something to break it. Like the ground. Then I might be able to stop him. KABOOM. (Rocket hits the ground, upending cars.)

The Rocket: (demasked, looks like Peter) You can't stop me, Peter. And you can't change who you are.

Peter: No. Not you. Not me...

Peter Narrating: I'm suppose to be a hero. I'm not the bad guy. I'm not the villian. I'm...the hero. (scene changes back to the hospital room, still in a coma.)