Novels


117: Red Eye, Part 1

[Introduction: The man called Red Eye was determined to get revenge against the Kill Squad for all the pain they had caused him. He even went as far as kidnapping Anna, a young girl with powers of her own to help him. Over time, they came to know one another as more than captor and hostage, but that didn't mean the end of red Eye's vendetta against the Kill Squad...]

Anna Narrating: I...I don't want to see this. But my eyes can't turn away. (the woods are littered with dead bodies). All I small is burnt flesh. They're dead. They're all dead. Richardo had actually kidnappped me to help him fight against these guys who called themselves the Kill Squad. Ricardo has the ability to send people into fits of rage. When he discovered that I could effectively lobotomize people around me, he figured he could couple our powers to incite a mindless mob to go after the Kill Squad. But, I didn't see my power as the weapon he did. I saw what it did to my family years ago back in Russia. I swore I would never use it on another living person...not ever. But as I watched the Kill Squad beat on Ricardo, I knew they meant to kill him right in front of me -- then turn their attention to me. I hated my power, but in that moment, I hated them more. (As a Kill Squad thug grabs her arm, she opens up her ability on him, and he grabs his face.) I thought once I stopped them, Ricardo and I could get away, the damage had been done. But, that wasn't good enough for Ricardo...he wanted his own revenge.

It was horrible. Ricardo turned them from mindless zombies into raging lunatics. They flug themselves at one another, clawing and gouging at one another like animals. And then, somwhere in their clouded maddened minds, they remember that they had guns. (they began shooting one another.)

Ricardo: Anna?

Anna: Let go of me! Look at them! Look at what you did! Look at what you made me do!

Ricardo: They were going to kill us.

Anna: This is exactly what you wanted all along. You wanted me to help you kill them. You're a monster! And now, so am I. (runs away from him crying.)

(Caption: To be continued...)