Novels


010: Turning Point

[Introduction: For those with special abilities, a new and deadly threat has arisen: the serial killer Sylar. His body count has grown over the past weeks, becoming a danger to both those with powers and the people in their lives. FBI agent Audrey Hanson has picked up on Sylar's trail, but has no idea what she truly faces...]

[Caption: Chigaco. Three months ago.]

(A crime scene is taped off, with a victim laying on the ground, head hidden from view, revealing a large puddle of blood above the shoulders. A police officer is taking notes, and has written the name, "David". Agent Audrey Hanson is speaking with another agent.)

Audrey: The street's full of people. We need to question the rubbernecks. One of them could be our guy.

Audrey Narrates: Sylar, I know you did this, you bastard. I'm not letting you get away with it. Not again.

Sylar Narrates: There's my blond FBI agent. You've been following me for a couple weeks now. Let's see what you make of my latest conquest.

Audrey Narrates: No traces left behind. A fresh kill. Which way did you go? Are you out there killing someone else right now?

Sylar Narrates: (seen standing in the crowd, wearing a black cap, trenchcoat, and clothing.) You're looking right at me now, Audrey. And you don't even know it. You'll never know the killer you long for is looking you dead in the eyes. You couldn't know...

Audrey Narrates: Would you come back to your own sick crime scene? Are you watching, like a pervert in a trench coat? ...Sylar?

Audrey: SYLAR!

Sylar Narrates: Caught. Impressive. Let's turn it up a notch. (Sylar jumps onto the roof of a passing train.) She's good. Female intuition.

Audrey Narrates: No backup. I'll go it alone. (Audrey jumps after him, his trenchcoat flying in the wind.)

Sylar Narrates: I'm getting tired of this cat and mouse game. Your heart's racing, fear's pumping through your veins. Don't disaapoint me now, Audrey.

(Audrey looses her grip, and slips off the side, grabbing the rail before falling onto the track.)

Audrey Narrates: Get ahold of yourself. He can't get away.

(The train pulls up to the station, and scans the crowd.)

Audrey Narrates: I know you're here!

Audrey: Everyone, get down!

(She pulls her pistol. Everyone in the crowd hits the ground, except a black capped, black trenchcoated man still standing, facing away from her. )

Audrey: SYLAR! (She fires three rounds into hs back. He drops dead.)

Audrey Narrates: I knew you'd slip up eventually and I'd get you.

(She rolls him over.)

Audrey: Oh, NO! (The man is not Sylar, but rather an innocent vagrant.)

Audrey Narrates: He set me up. He gave this poor guy his hat and coat. And I fell for it. I'm gonna get that bastard next time.

Sylar Narrates: See you in the next one, Audrey.

(Sylar is shown grinning and walking away, unnoticed.)